Finch Amaranth Grain 150g
Amaranth grain is a fibre-rich grain that can be used in a number of ways. It is similar to rice and maize and can be prepared in the same way or used to make porridge.
About Amaranth Grain
Amaranth grain is the seed of the amaranth plant. It is an excellent source of protein and fibre and offers a great source of minerals such as iron and magnesium.
Amaranth grain was traditionally a staple food many years ago. It is similar to rice or maize and can be prepared in the same way. It can also be used to make porridge and is great paired with honey and topped with sliced banana and almonds for a healthy start to the day. Due to its natural flavour that is neither sweet nor savoury, amaranth grain can be enjoyed in many ways.
Benefits of Amaranth Grain
- Low in fat
- High in fibre
- Good source of vegan protein
- Little to no sugar
- Does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients
Ways to prepare and enjoy
- Can be popped and used as a cereal or sprinkled on fruit and yoghurt
- Add 2 parts water to 1 part amaranth to make a nutritious porridge. Top with honey, nuts and fresh blueberries or banana
- Prepare like rice and use as a base for salads
- Toast in a pan and use to coat tofu to make vegan ‘fish’ fingers
- Use to make breakfast cereal bars to snack on
Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
Country of Origin