Sweet Potato Flour Crepes
Sweet potato flour is something that I discovered recently. I’ve barely unlocked the full potential with this ingredient but this product is naturally gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. It’s healthy and it is a perfect substitute for flour-based recipes, taking away some of the guilt when consuming flour. This product is made with just one ingredient, sweet potato and it is perfect for both sweet and savory recipes.
As a recipe developer, it is always nice to experiment with new ingredients, as this is a new ingredient for me, I tried making few simple recipes to understand how and what works. First, I tried making simple flatbread (Roti) which came out fine. Then I tried adding few tablespoons to my soup as sweet potato flour can be used as a thickening and gelling agent. Finally, I tried making some simple breakfast crepes because it’s another one of my favorites when it comes to breakfast choices. It easy to make and it requires only a few ingredients and you can stuff it or top it with almost anything that your heart desires.
● 1 cup of sweet potato flour – Shop Now
● 1.5 cups of milk
● 1/4 cup of melted butter
● 02 large eggs
● 02 tbsp sweetener / sugar – optional
● 01 tsp of vanilla essence
● 02 pods of crushed cardamon
● salt to taste
● If you want to add more flavor to your crepes then you can add some cinnamon powder or nutmeg powder
● Sweet potato flour has a light brown color so when you make crepes your crepes will come out a little dark in color so if you want to make the outcome looks a little colorful don’t forget to add some green powder or beetroot powder to add some color.
● First, let’s mix all the wet ingredients together, In a medium-sized bowl combine milk, egg, vanilla, butter, and whisk well.
● Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, mix in wet ingredients and give it a good mix. The batter should extremely thin and be in pouring consistency.
● If you want to make the batter fast, just add all the ingredients into a blender and pulse few times till the batter becomes really smooth.
● Let the batter rest for a minute and heat up a non-stick pan in medium heat.
● Apply some butter (optional) on the pan and pour 1/4 cup of batter, move the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter to make round crepes.
You can either stuff or top these crepes with some fresh fruits like banana, strawberries, raspberries and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup. In my case, I’ve stuffed the crepes with some peanut butter, jelly and topped it with some caramelized pears.